- Sevens Inspection Services
- 02 Comments
- March 9, 2021
Maintain a Safe and Healthy Home
Easy Ways to Keep a Safe and Healthy Home
Americans spend about two-thirds of their time at home, so it is important that our living spaces are safe and secure. Make your home a comfortable, welcoming place for family and friends. Here are some easy ways to keep your home healthy and safe.
Clean Your Home
Keeping a clean home will reduce allergies, prevent the spread of germs, and lower stress and anxiety. Regular vacuuming traps dust and allergens to make your home healthier. Work to maintain clutter-free living spaces so that you can find what you need. A tidy home is more comfortable for everyone.
Filter Drinking Water
Order a water-quality test or request a report from your local utility company. When you know what types of contaminants are in your drinking water, you’ll be able to choose the right kind of filter for your home. Family members are more likely to drink water when it tastes clean and fresh.
You might choose a pitcher filter that can be stored in the fridge or a countertop model that filters the water as it comes through your tap. If you want filtered water for clothes-washing and bathing, consider a whole-house filter.
Prevent Mold to Maintain a Safe and Healthy Home
Mold exposure can cause a stuffy nose, wheezing, and itchy and red skin or eyes. Individuals with respiratory conditions or allergies may experience more severe reactions. Under the right conditions, mold grows quickly. It’s easier to prevent mold growth than to stop it from spreading.
Minimizing moisture, repairing leaks, and regularly cleaning your home is the best defense against mold, but it’s not foolproof. If you find mold in your home, use natural household cleaners to treat it. You’ll find recipes online for mixtures that include hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils to combat mold growth.
Carbon Monoxide Detectors to Keep Your Home Safe and Healthy
Carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, making it impossible to detect with your senses. Even minimal exposure to this gas can lead to dizziness and headaches, and exposure to higher levels of carbon monoxide may cause impaired vision, vomiting, or even death.
Install CO detectors so that you’re notified about carbon monoxide in the home. If your detector sounds, open windows, get family members and pets out of the house, and call a professional to find the source of the leak.